terça-feira, 21 de novembro de 2006

Round Here

Step out the front door like a ghost
Into the fog where no one notices
The contrast of white on white.
And in between the moon and you
The angels get a better view
Of the crumbling difference between wrong and right.
I walk in the air between the rain
Through my self and back again
Where? I don't Know
Maria says she's dying
Through the door I hear her crying
Why? I don't know.

Round here we always stand up straight
Round here something radiates
...
Round here we all look the same
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs
...

But the girl on the car in the parking lot
Says "man you should try to take a shot
Can't you see my wall are crumbling?"
Then she looks up at the building
Says she's thinking of jumping
She says she's tired of life
She must be tired of something
(we all are tired of something)
...
Round here we're never send to bed early
And nobody makes us wait
Round here we stay up
very, very, very, very late
I can't see nothing...nothing round here
Will you catch if I'm falling
Will you catch me if I'm falling
Will you catch me cause I'm falling down on you.
And I can't see nothing
Nothing round here.

Counting Crows

1 comentário:

poeta de rua disse...

Maninha, acreditas que ainda esta semana tive a tocar esta música...que cena...e tb "so you wanna be a rock and roll star well listen now to what I say..."
Tempos do crescer, dos primeiros amores e das primeiras dores...